Visualizzazioni totali

mercoledì 1 giugno 2011

Day 13

Very quiet day compared to the day before.  Woke up and went for a run by the river again.  It is a nice place to run because it is about 50ft below the roads.  There is certainly alot of cars here so it is rough to run by the road and inhale all the exhaust fumes.  Probably not too healthy for you as well.   It was cloudy too so it wasnt very hot.  Rome weather is very similar to South Carolina weather actually.  It is a little bit less humid than HHI, but probably about the same or a little more than Columbia.

After run went to the market again and am beginning to think this is going to be a regular thing.  You can bargain the people that work there down a little bit and they are all very friendly and have prices that are already cheaper than most of the actual stores.  I always try to avoid buying from so called "brick and mortar" stores because you can get it cheaper from someone who doesn't have add in a little bit on the price to compensate for paying rent.  (Think of looking for stuff at Bestbuy then buying it on Amazon.com).

Took nearly 2 hours to write yesterdays blog, so that cuts into a good bit of the afternoon haha.  But completely worth it to remember and share what I am experiencing here.  I am very fortunate to have all the technology and devices to document everything that is going.

Went out later in the afternoon with two friends to show them where I found the park and monuments near the Colosseum.  As we were walking through the park I was describing how Nero supposedly burned all the buildings that were there and how they created thermal baths.  The girl I was with stopped and looked at me then asked, "When did you take a tour or whatever of this area?" Nope. No tour, just very interested in history and love to learn the lives that were lived here over 2000 years ago.  If there was a real way to capitalize and make money on history, I would love to be a history major.  I am just too fascinated and deep into learning of  the financial markets. Who am I kidding, I love the idea of the flashy and competitive lifestyle of the financial world.  I was born to walk that path.

Anyways, we were walking in the park where we found some oranges high in a tree and my roomate climbed up to get them.  Looked like oranges, but were either over ripe or too early and ended up tasting sour.  Went to throw my orange over a fence into what I thought was a grassy field.  I heard the orange hit something metal, and my roomate looked at me and told me I just threw that into a Military Zone. Oh great.  I had no idea and really thought it was just another field.  So of course I stepped up and hightailed it out of there, not knowing what I really hit.  Please don't attack me!

Made it back without trouble and had ended up getting some cheap pizza.  No real going out for dinner this week, gotta save money for my trips!  Quiet night too, went out for some gelato and considered going to karaoke night but decided against it.  I will be traveling to the Almafi coast, Naples and Pompeii this weekend.  I apologize in advance if my blog slacks for a few days, but I have no idea what the internet will be like in any of these places or if it will exists there yet.  Thanks all for reading!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento