Visualizzazioni totali

martedì 21 giugno 2011

Day 29

Relatively quiet day, woke up and spent the morning trying to think about what I was going to do for my last weekend in Rome.  Some of my roomates and friends were going down to Sorrento(on the other side of the mountain from Positano).  Considering two of us had already been to Sorrento while we on the way to Positano, I didn't think that would be a good use of my funds.  This trip has by no means been cheap, but I do not want to spend the limited amount of time and money visiting a place that I have already been to.

So I sat and thought about everything that I have seen and done this past month, very satisfied with everything.  Anything else would just be great.  Yet, I have this feeling.  It's like when you leave home and can feel that you forgot something, but can't figure out what it is.  So I thought about it for a minute...and it hit me.

I should go to Modena and Maranello, Italy!  For anyone else, these towns probably don't mean anything nor do they ring a bell.  But for car fans...they know luxury car makers Alfa Romeo, Maserati, Lamborghini and Ferrari all call these places home.

Being as I am a monstrous car fan, I feel like I had to go and take a look at least at the Ferrari Museum, which is right next to the Ferrari factory.  Unfortunately I already knew that you cannot enter the factory unless you have a ticket.  The ticket price is around $250,000-$1,000,000....meaning that you had to own a Ferrari to get in.  Well worth a trip to go see the museum though, who knows what might happen while I am there?

I booked the train ticket to Modena, checked the bus fare to Maranello, and booked a cheap overnight hotel in Modena.  I'm heading to Northern Italy!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento